Flu vaccination can prevent you from becoming sick with the flu. People who are at higher risk of getting the flu include young children, pregnant people,those with chronic health conditions and people 65 years and older.
Everyone 6 months and older are eligible to receive the flu vaccination.
- There are two forms of the vaccination, the shot or the nasal spray. The nasal spray contains the live virus and has been approved for women who are not pregnant and those from the age of 2 to 49 years of age. Pregnant women, should use the shot for vaccination purposes.
Here are some facts regarding the flu vaccination:
- You cannot get the flu from the flu vaccination. The Flu shot is made with proteins of the flu or dead flu viruses, both in which are very weak.
- In order to get maximum protection from the Flu, the best time to get the vaccine is in the fall. Flu season starts in October.
- The Flu vaccination also lowers your chances of getting the Flu up to 60%.
- After recieving the Flu vaccination,it takes about 2 weeks for your body to start developing antibodies. These antibodies will aide in protection against the flu virus.
Please call the office at 404-947-4842 to schedule your Flu Shot today.