What Is Green Tea and Why Is It Good For The Body?
Green tea is a hot beverage or dietary supplement that can be used to relieve digestive symptoms, headaches and promote weight loss. This tea is high in antioxidants called catechins, which may help fight off viruses and protect you against cancer. The tea has been shown to help protect against prostate and breast cancer.
How Much Green Tea Should You Drink Daily?
Studies have not shown an exact amount of green tea that should be consumed daily. However, it is best to start with 1 cup (8oz) daily to help increase the chances of the benefits listed below. If you are able to tolerate the taste, you are welcome to drink more than 1 cup.
How To Consume Green Tea?
You are able to drink green tea cold or warm. However, green tea is best served warm. If you are unable to tolerate the taste of green tea alone, try adding honey and lemon juice or slices for an additional boost of flavor. Be sure to wash your produce before consuming.
5 Reasons to Drink Green Tea Daily
- Weight Loss. Green tea has been proven to increase fat burning and boost your metabolic rate.
- May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes. Studies have shown that green tea can help with insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
- May Help Prevent Cardiovascular Disease. Cardiovascular disease includes stroke and heart disease. Studies have shown that increasing your green tea intake may lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. This is done so by the powerful antioxidants the reside in green tea.
- May Lower The Risk of Some Cancers. Green tea is a great source of powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that inhibit the production of free radicals. Research has shown that green tea can help lower the risk of Breast, Prostate and Colorectal cancers.
- May Help With Oral Health. Green tea has catechins that help fight against oral bacteria. Drinking green tea daily with promote a stronger oral health environment and may lower the chances of bad breath.