Why is lemon water good for you?
Lemons contain phytonutrients that help protect your body from diseases. Within the phytonutrients are antioxidants. These antioxidants can prevent or slow damage to your body's cells.
Here is how your body may benefit from lemon water.
- Promotes hydration. Water is the best way to hydrate. Adding fresh lemon enhances the flavor of water, which may help you drink more water.
- Great Source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C may reduce your risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease, and potentially lower your blood pressure.
- Supports Weight Loss.
- Improves Skin. Vitamin C also helps reduce wrinkling, dry skin and damage from the sun.
- Aids in Digestion. Drinking warm/hot lemon water in the morning helps get your digestive system moving. This can aid in constipation.
- Helps Prevent Kidney Stones. Citrate, found in citric acid within the lemons, may help break up small stones making them easier to pass.
- Prevents Oxidation.
How to make lemon water?
Always use FRESH lemons rather than artificial lemon juice.
To make the lemon water, squeeze half lemon into 8oz of cold/warm water.
If you'd like flavor or an additional health boost you may add:
- Raw Honey
- Other slices of fresh citrus fruits.
Remember to wash your produce before using and adding to your water.